KISSIMMEE, Fla., January 17, 1:20 pm – In an ongoing effort to increase public awareness of energy conservation, the Kissimmee Utility Authority (KUA) sponsored a county-wide art contest for third, fourth and fifth grade students. The winning entries appear in KUA’s full-color 2002 Calendar of Energy Conservation, which is NOW AVAILABLE free of charge to Osceola residents.
A total of 508 entries were received from 18 different Osceola county elementary schools. The artwork was judged by a group of utility employees.
The winners are:
– Cypress Elementary – Samantha Barlow, grade 5; Nikita Gridin, grade 3;
– First United Methodist School – Allison Deiches, grade 5; Clayton Moody, grade 3
– Heartland Christian Academy – Sam Link, grade 3
– Kissimmee Charter School – Lindsay Romero, grade 4
– Life Academy – Lauren Caban, grade 4
– Mill Creek Elementary – Regina Woodyard, grade 3
– Ross E. Jeffries Elementary – Melody Boyens, grade 4
– Thacker Elementary – Cody Welsh, grade 4
– Ventura Elementary – Dustin Counts, grade 3; Diego Hernandez, grade 5
The winning artwork is available for viewing online at www.kua.com.
The calendars are being distributed to the public free of charge at KUA’s Customer Service Center at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee until supplies last.
KUA’s annual calendar project has received 23 local, state and national public relations and design awards since its inception in 1995.
KUA is Florida’s 6th largest community-owned utility serving 58,000 electric, water and Internet customers in four Central Florida counties. KUA celebrated its 100th year of serving the community in 2001.
Contact: Chris Gent, Manager of Corporate Communications
(407) 933-7777 ext. 1116