KISSIMMEE, Fla., January 13, 8:30 am – In an ongoing effort to increase public awareness of electrical safety, Kissimmee Utility Authority (KUA) recently sponsored a county-wide art contest for third, fourth and fifth grade students. The winning entries appear in KUA’s full-color 2003 Calendar of Electrical Safety, which is now being distributed free of charge. The winning entries are also available for viewing online at www.kua.com .
A total of 949 entries were received from 26 Osceola County elementary schools, including public, private and charter schools.
The winners are:
– First United Methodist School – Kendall Knight, grade 3; Courtney Matthews, grade 3; Alexander Miller, grade 3
– Heritage Christian School – Tarsis Ruiz, grade 4
– Kissimmee Charter Elementary – David Osser, grade 5; Michael Otero, grade 4
– Life Academy – Lynnette Olivo, grade 3
– Mill Creek Elementary – Chantelle Fernandez, grade 5
– Pleasant Hill Elementary – Lindsay Romero, grade 5
– Poinciana Elementary – Nicole Contreras, grade 3
– Reedy Creek Elementary – Maneesh Vellanki, grade 3
– Ross E. Jeffries Elementary – Logan Blanton, grade 4
The calendars are being distributed at KUA’s Customer Service Center at 1701 W. Carroll Street in Kissimmee while supplies last.
KUA’s annual calendar project has received 26 local, state and national public relations and design awards since its inception in 1994.
Founded in 1901, KUA is Florida’s 6th largest municipally-owned utility serving 58,000 electric, water and internet customers in four Central Florida counties.
Contact: Chris Gent, Manager of Corporate Communications
(407) 933-7777 ext. 1116