With this weekend being Memorial Day Weekend and the heat rolling in, summer is officially kicking off in Kissimmee. While the temperatures are warmer, summer also brings storm season upon us. Kissimmee Utility Authority reminds you of these lightning safety tips:
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you. When thunder roars, go indoors!
- Immediately move to safe shelter. Consider a substantial building with electricity or plumbing or an enclosed, metal-topped vehicle with windows up.
- Stay in a safe shelter for at least 30 minutes after you hear the last sound of thunder.
- Stay off corded phones, computers and other electrical equipment that put you in direct contact with electricity.
- Avoid plumbing, including sinks, baths and faucets.
- Stay away from windows and doors, and stay off porches.
- Do not lie on concrete floors, and do not lean against concrete walls.
- If you’re caught outside, stay away from bodies of water and isolated trees as well as objects that can conduct electricity.
#Kissimmee #MemorialDayWeekend #PublicPower #CommunityPowered