KISSIMMEE, Fla., November 26, 2019 – Kissimmee Utility Authority today announced the winners of its 26th annual student calendar art contest.
Open to Osceola County students in kindergarten through sixth grade, the contest is designed to promote energy conservation among students and their families.
This year, a total of 1,149 entries were received from 26 Osceola County elementary schools.
A panel of judges met last week and selected 12 entries – one for each calendar month – that will be featured in the utility’s 2020 Calendar of Energy Conservation.
The winners are:
- Highlands Elementary – Diego Gutiérrez, grade 4
- Holy Redeemer Catholic School – Sebastian Jaramillo, grade 6; Victoria Sanchez, grade 6; Hannah Su, grade 6; Camila Vargas, grade 3
- Kissimmee Charter Academy – Michael McGuire, Jr., grade 5; Rosalinda Morales, grade 5
- Partin Settlement Elementary – Anissa Rose, grade 5; Ashton Rose, grade 1
- Renaissance Charter School at Boggy Creek – Anastasia Barreto, grade 4
- St. Cloud Preparatory Academy – Savannah Dieux, grade 5 (grand prize winner); Lyla Robinson, grade 5
This year marks the second win for both Anissa Rose, who won in 2018, and Diego Gutiérrez, who was the contest’s grand prize winner in 2019. This is also the second time in contest history that siblings have won in the same year, with Anissa and Ashton Rose.
The 12 winning students will have their artwork featured in the 2020 calendar and receive a $150 cash prize. The grand prize winner’s name and artwork will be featured on the calendar cover and affixed to a KUA fleet vehicle for one year.
The grand prize winner’s school, St. Cloud Preparatory Academy, will receive $750 in art supplies, and Flora Ridge Elementary will receive $500 in art supplies for submitting the most total entries in the contest.
The calendars will be distributed free of charge, beginning in late December.
Founded in 1901, KUA is Florida’s sixth largest community-owned utility powering 77,000 customers in Osceola County, Fla. For more information, visit https://kua.com.