This year, spend less money on your energy bill and keep more for presents by following a few holiday energy tips.
- Deck the Halls … with LED lights! LEDs are brighter and consume far less energy than incandescent bulbs. They also give off far less heat, making them safer. Check out the KUA holiday lighting calculator to see how much you could save — as much as 90% — by replacing your incandescent holiday lights with an equal number of LEDs.
- All I Want for Christmas is … a Smart Thermostat: Programmable thermostats can lower your heating and cooling costs by automatically adjusting the temperature in the home. KUA has a rebate that will cover 50% of the cost of a Smart Thermostat, up to $100.
- Roasting Chestnuts … While Baking Pies: Food, family, and fun all go into overdrive during the holidays. If your holiday plans include baking, boiling, braising, and roasting, use the heat to cook more dishes at the same time. Take advantage of the energy that goes into warming your oven by baking as many dishes at once as possible.
- Guests Bring More than Good Cheer: If you’re having a party, all the extra bodies in your home will increase the temperature inside. So turn down your thermostat when the guests arrive to make everyone more comfortable.
- I Saw Santa … Bringing Rebates! Nothing puts a damper on a holiday party like a broken heat pump or a drafty room. Fortunately, KUA has rebates for a variety of home energy upgrades, including electric vehicles and EV chargers.
For over 30 years, KUA has worked with customers to ensure they get the most energy bang for their buck. By using energy wisely during the holidays and year-round, you can reduce wasted energy and lower your electric bills.