NOAA Hurricane Forecast Warns of a Very Active Season Ahead

Posted May 28, 2020 at by & filed under Blog.

hurricane approaching Florida

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s outlook for the 2020 Atlantic hurricane season indicates that an above-normal season is most likely, with the possibility of it being extremely active. The outlook calls for a 60% chance of an above-normal season, followed by a 30% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a… Read more »

Our Environmental Commitment

Posted May 20, 2020 at by & filed under Blog.

Environmental graphic

Being good stewards of the environment means we care for the land, air, water, and wildlife in the community we serve. Kissimmee Utility Authority protects these resources while meeting our customers’ demand for electric service. Below are some of the ways we carry out this responsibility. Waste reduction and recyclingFor KUA, landfills are a last… Read more »

Childproof Your Home Against Electrical Hazards

Posted April 28, 2020 at by & filed under Blog.

baby touching outlet

Whether you’ve recently welcomed your first baby, or already have a full house, it’s vital to keep your home electrically safe for the little ones. Unintentional injury is one of the top killers of children in the United States, but prevention can eliminate almost all of these injuries. Kissimmee Utility reminds you to take proper… Read more »

12 Electrical Safety Tips for Boat Operators

Posted April 17, 2020 at by & filed under Blog.

launching a boat

Although boating is considered to be a carefree activity, there are many electrical hazards that need to be considered before leaving the dock. Reduce the risk of electric shock drowning and common boat electrical hazards with these handy tips from Kissimmee Utility Authority: Don’t allow yourself or anyone else to swim near the dock when… Read more »

Energy-Saving Tips for Easter Cooking

Posted April 11, 2020 at by & filed under Blog.

holiday cooking

Preparing a holiday meal for your family this Easter? There are many ways to save energy in the kitchen that require little extra effort.Consider these nine simple tips from Kissimmee Utility Authority to help keep your energy costs down during your celebration: When using an electric oven, cook as much of your meal in it… Read more »